Today, I was reading a book called ” First, Break All The Rules” , by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman and came across some questions that I felt I must share with everyone.
The authors have done alot of research in the area of employee motivation and productivity in the work place. At the conclusion of their reasearch ( which took about six years ) , they had identified 12 questions that measure the core elements needed to attract, and keep talented employees.
I believe everyone has the capability to be a talented employee, if you dont consider yourself to be a talented employee you are probably at the wrong work place. Answer the questions below and see how well you score. Give yourself a 1 for a yes and a 0 for a no. A low score may indicate that you need to look for a new job !
1. Do I know what is expected of me at work ?
2. Do I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right ?
3. At work, do I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day ?
4. In the last seven days, have I received recognition or praise for doing good work ?
5.Does my supervisor, or someone at work seem to care about me as a person?
6. Is there someone at work who encourages my development ?
7. At work, do my opinions seem to count ?
8. Does the mission/purpose of my company make me feel my job is important?
9. Are my co-workers committed to doing quality work ?
10. Do I have a best friend at work ?
11. In the last six months, has someone at work talked to me about my progress?
12. This last year, have I had opportunities at work to learn and grow ?