- Don Vialoux’s Top Picks: May 8, 2017 – Don Vialoux is a Technical and Seasonal trader that trades based on patterns. Fascinating to listen to him. Take away – When VIX spikes you don’t want to be in the market. Look at the moving average of the major stock indexes – if it is above its 50 day moving average stay in the market and if it goes below, be careful.
- Also check out his website – www.timingthemarket.ca . He hosts commentary on the activities of the market and individual stocks based on technical analysis and seasonality behavior. Sample can be found here .
- Seasonality Investing – This page provides a good explanation of what is Seasonality Investing and how do you go about using it .
- This chart is a quick view of which indexes and sectors does well over different time periods.
- Normally seasonality is combined with technical analyses for entry and exit points of a security – This is a good read on technical indicators .
- This article provides a good overview of how to read seasonality charts.
I believe seasonality can serve to help fine tune investing ideas that you generate using fundamental analysis. It can also serve as a starting point to find specific securities within a sector. This is what we call in the investment world as top up or bottom down analysis. Definitely worth learning about if you invest on a regular basis.