I have wrote a previous post about Five Iconic and Classical Restaurants in New Orleans. In addition to these five restaurants here are some other places we ate at during our time in New Orleans. All of these places had great food and excellent service ! I am starting to think it might be hard to find a bad restaurant in New Orleans 🙂 …
- K-Paul’s – We had our first dinner in New Orleans at this restaurant ! We found this restaurant through the TV Food Maps app. It was recommended on multiple shows and had great reviews. This restaurant did not disappoint ! This restaurant opened in 1979 and has become a sensation in New Orleans ! We were lucky to get same day reservation – I recommend making reservation a few days in advance. The food here was incredible ! We had 3 appetizers, two mains , 3 cocktails and 1 dessert. I got a chance to try fried green tomatoes , gumbo and blackened fish here. Everything was flavorful and fresh ! The only item I didn’t like was the bread pudding – otherwise all the other dishes were delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant.
2. SoBou – In my view this restaurant is one of the best kept secrets of New Orleans ! Sobou is the latest restaurant opened by the Commander’s Family of Restaurants. We were in New Orleans from right after Christmas of 2017 and it was almost impossible to get reservations at most of the other restaurants. When we dropped by SoBou they were able to accommodate us and there were many empty tables available. I don’t think many people realize how good this restaurant is . The best service we had in New Orleans was at this restaurant ! They have many different type of dishes and most of it was delicious ! They specialize in cocktails so make sure to try a few . You would not be disappointed . My favorite food here was the bread pudding. It was sinfully good ! Highly recommend this place !
3. Verti Mart New Orleans – This is a 24 hour convince store that has a kitchen at the back . Their menu is extensive ! This is the place people stumble into after a late night of drinking ! Almost a tradition in New Orleans . The food is decent and the cool thing is they deliver within the french quarter ! Worth dropping by once on your trip !
4. Felix’s Restaurant and Oyster Bar – Felix has been around since the 1940s ! We dropped here for a quick snack of Oysters and Fried Crab Fingers . I loved the Fired Crab Fingers. I liked eating them by the claw and they were an addictive snack ! I don’t eat Oysters so can’t comment on it, but my friend seemed to like the Oysters.
5. Surrey’s Cafe – One day we managed to wake up early enough for brunch ! All the locations we went to in the French Quarter had long lines or were full. So we decided to Uber to Surrey’s ! Surrey’s also made us wait for an hour and half but the food was worth it ! The line system is very efficient and the people working at this restaurant are super friendly and fun. The long wait was almost enjoyable . The food was delish. With my sweet tooth I loved the french toast !
6. French Market – This is a farmer’s market within the French Quarter. There are many different stalls selling food, and various items. We dropped by here for snow ball and corn ! The snow ball was too sweet ( I have a sweet tooth and if I found this to be too sweet not sure who would be able to eat it ) . Maybe it was just my snow ball. Next time I am in New Orleans I will try the snow ball at another place !
7. Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse – We needed a break from all the Southern food so we decided to drop by a steak house. Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse did not disappoint ! We went for a late seating since we didn’t have a reservation on a Saturday Night !They were kind enough to seat us. It is a full white cloth dining experience. The service was exceptional . The food was top of the line. I had a fish dish ( I don’t eat steak ) that was done really well. I was pleasantly surprised given this is not their expertise. Heard good things about the steak from my friend . We had the mac and cheese for appetizer and that was excellent ! There were a group of people walking around singing at each table – which was lovely ! Overall had a wonderful time and would definitely return here .
New Orleans has such a variety and delicious choice in food ! It is a place I would go back to visit just for the food and I don’t easily go back to many places ! Something very special about New Orleans . My kind of town .