Recently I was in Oslo for a weekend . I was there from Friday to Monday . Had a chance to drop by multiple bars on both Saturday and Sunday !
Some interesting observations about Oslo Bars:
- On Saturday after 11 pm it was almost next to impossible to get a spot ! Managed to find a spot at the 3 Rd one I dropped by . This was in Gardermoen and nothing special.
- On Sunday got back to Oslo quite late from a day trip . Went to Himkok. This is a world famous cocktail bar and I can understand why ! CNN ranked it as #20 on the list of best cocktail bars in the world for 2017!
- The bars in Oslo on Sunday were almost completely empty ! If you prefer a quiet setting, I recommend going to these bars on a weekday or Sunday night ! I liked it more on a Sunday . If you want to be around people than best to go on a Saturday or Friday night !
- Himkok was a three story bar located in an old historical building!
- It was decorated efficiently and beautifully! Had different kind of sitting areas, outdoor space and areas for dancing.The kind hostess gave me a tour of the bar’s multiple flours , cocktail creation process and much more ! She was very knowledgeable and thoughtful. See photos below .
- The special at this bar is cocktail made from ingredients from different parts of Norway . The cocktails were some of the best I have had !
- This bar didn’t serve food , however the hostess recommended a second bar called Crowbar for late night eats.
- Crowbar was also beautifully decorated. It was also almost empty. Had their falafel wrap, and pita chips . Both tasted amazing. Highly recommended this place for late night eats !
Do visit Crowbar and Himkok if in Oslo . They are uniquely decorated , friendly staff , good cocktails and food ! I highly recommend both bars !
Cocktails of Himkok