I love watching food shows . One of my favorite shows to watch is Anthony Bourdain’s Layover. I recently watched his layover show on Toronto. Wanted to make a note of some of the places he had visited so I can drop by latter on.
Out of 18 places that caught my eye 3 closed, I been to 4 which leaves me with 11 possible places to visit in Toronto. Not bad.
- Owl of Minerva – Korean Chain restaurant . I think it would be worth a try .
- Poutini’s – I have been to Poutini’s and I wasn’t a fan of what I ate. However I am willing to give it a second try given the number of positive reviews I have seen.
- Bacchus Roti Shop – I am always up for trying new places for Roti. Will have to give this one a try.
- The Burger’s Priest – I love this place . My favorite Toronto Burger place.
- California Sandwiches – This is also a chain with 14 locations. It looks good. Will be trying this out as well.
- The Black Hoof – Looked fancy and interesting. It is now on the list.
- The Beast – I have been here for brunch and I wasn’t a fan. Perhaps I should try out a different meal here.
- Porchetta & Co – Has multiple locations . Wouldn’t be a place for since they only serve pork .
- Carousel Bakery , St.Lawrence Market – I cant remember if I been here but looks like a great place to try.
- Altona Kabob – In North York ! Would be trying this soon.
- WVRST – Have been here already . Fun place to go with friends.
- Bairrada Churrasqueira – This is also a chain. When craving for meat will give this place a try.
- Edulis – This place is on many lists. Would be trying it soon.
- The Cocktail Bar – Don’t really drop by to many bars on its own. Maybe one day.
- The Horseshoe Tavern – Place with a lot of history . I may drop by .
Restaurants on the show that has closed :